понеделник, 25 януари 2016 г.

About This Blog


Fellow readers, my name is Lyubomir Alov, and I have graduated in archaeology from Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", Bulgaria. It sounds strange, but in this blog I will offer you my humbled opinion as non-professionalist on some basics in modern economy, as well as analysis of the actions taken by governments and central banks, and trends we observe in today's markets.
 
I consider myself for self-educated in the area of finances after trading on the stock and FX markets for 3 years now. Also, I have some "field" experience in projects, financed by government, which gave me a very good perspective of how public spending is made and regulated. Many of you will say, that I don't have the knowledge, practice or experience to provide such analysis, and that's why I will try to focus on the simple logic and facts in order to prove my points. However, I made the effort to read the pieces of some of the most influential and important authors, like John Locke, Adam Smith, Milton Friedman, Lawrence Summers, Joseph Stiglitz, Paul Krugman, and many others, even Karl Marx. The goal was to build myself a wide view on the economic theories and thus make better decisions in my trading activity. After some bad results in the beginning, and some good results later, I believe that I gained some knowledge and understanding about the powers that move markets, and respectively - our everyday life. My opinion is that each person should have enough information and understanding for the economy in order to make informed decisions, for example when voting for specific political platform or choosing type of investment, as this will affect their life in medium-to-long term, and in many cases - the life of their children.

Since I'm born in Bulgaria, I had the rare chance to observe at first hand two economic systems which are entirely opposite to each other, as well as the transition between them (especially this part, although it was useful experience, it's not something you want to be part of).
I consider this for important, since the architecture of the transition (still in "progress") in question was based on economic theories that spark fierce discussions and forming of camps among modern economists - more specifically between the supporters of Keynesian theories and the supporters of Neoliberalism.
 
Also, this is the place to say, that English is not my mother tongue, so I give my apologies to all fluent speakers in advance. The reason for my choice is to reach wider audience.
Feel free to leave your feedback and comments, no matter good or bad - because after all:

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act., George Orwell


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар